From Audio Region
If you would like to make a groove template (also known as a Digigroove) from an audio file and apply it to a MIDI, follow the steps below.
Open Beat Detective Event > Beat Detective
1. Choose an audio region.
2. Select audio in the Beat Detective Operation menu.
3. Click on Groove Template Extraction.
4. Choose Capture Selection from the Selection menu. This will capture the timing information that is needed from the region to create the groove template. You can also modify any of these parameters manually.
5. Click on Extract
A window will appear with the option of saving the groove template to the clipboard or to the disk. If you choose to save the groove template to the disk for later use, you will need to save it in a folder in the Pro Tools Grooves folder directory.
From MIDI Region
The only thing that changes when you want to extract a groove template from a MIDI region rather than an audio region is that you will need to choose MIDI in the Beat Detective Operation menu.
Applying Groove Templates to MIDI Regions
1. Go to the edit window and choose the MIDI region you wish to apply the groove template to. Click on Region > Quantize. In the Quantize Grid menu, you will need to select either the Groove file or Groove Clipboard depending on how you saved the template before.
2. Click on Apply.
Applying Groove Templates to Audio Regions
1. In order to apply groove templates to audio regions, you will first need to check that elastic audio is enabled for the specific regions/track you want to affect.
2. Select the region and then open the quantize menu (Region>Quantize). From the Quantize Grid menu, you will need to select either the Groove file or Groove Clipboard depending on how you saved the template before.
3. Click Apply.
Leave a Reply